Yield: 6 small cupcakes
Cupcake mould size: 5x5x4.8cm
Baking temperature: 170℃ for 10 minutes, 150℃ for 25~30 minutes
IngredientsAll ingredients in room temperature
Using 55g Omega 3&6 eggs
2 egg whites
pinch of fine salt
40g caster sugar
2 egg yolks
75g top/cake flour
1/4 tsp baking powder (will try to remove this ingredient in my next bake)
30g pandan leaf paste
15g condensed milk
20g rice bran oil/mild flavour vegetable oil
5x5x4.8cm paper cupcake mould
Directions:1. Cut 15g of pandan leaves into thin strips before blending with 50g of water into a smooth paste.
2. Mix pandan paste, milk, condensed milk and rice bran oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
Mix top flour with baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
3. In a clean, dry and grease-free mixing bowl, beat egg white till frothy. Add in pinch of salt,
Beat at high speed till firm peak stage. Gradually reduce the electric hand mixer speed to low at the final one minute.
4. Add in egg yolks to the meringue, one at a time.
5. Sieve in 1/3 of the top flour, and mix briefly using the whisk.
Add in 1/2 of the pandan mixture from Step 2, mix briefly.
Flour → pandan mixture→flour
Finally, use a silicone spatula to do a thorough mixing.
6. Pour the batter into 6 paper cupcake moulds.
Tap to level the batter in the moulds, and place on a baking tray
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 170℃ for about 8~10 minutes, or till the top becomes flat, at the lower rack of an oven.
For baking in an air fryer, preheat to 140°C for 5 minutes, and bake for 15 minutes. Thank my FB friend Sylvia Khor for sharing the information 😁
Reduce the temperature from 170℃ to 150℃, and bake for 25 minutes.
As the sugar content is low for this recipe, the crust does not brown so easily. In order to get a golden crust, increase the oven temperature to 170℃ for another 5 minutes.
8. Transfer the cupcakes to a cooling rack. Serve warm 😋