Pan size: Jamie Oliver 1.5L bread pan 21x13x10cm
Baking temperature: 180℃ for 15 minutes, 170℃ for 20 minutes, lower rack of a preheated oven.
Ingredients170g sweetened soya milk, cold
30g raw sugar
50g active natural yeast/sourdough, 100% hydration*
20g top flour
1g instant dry yeast
3g fine salt
10g purple yam powder
20g cold unsalted butter
10~15g water to be added during kneading
*natural yeast can be replaced by 25g bread flour + 25g water + 1g instant dry yeast
Directions:1. Mix all ingredients, except 20g of unsalted butter, together in a mixing bowl of a stand mixer. Knead into a smooth dough before adding cold unsalted butter. Let the content stands for 5 minutes before continue to knead till reaching window pane.
3. Keep the dough in a lightly oiled plastic bag, stand the dough in room temperature for about 30 minutes. Transfer to the fridge for overnight proofing, about 12 ~16 hours.
4. Invert and let the cold dough thaw in room temperature for about 1 hour.
5. Prepare and shape the dough.
6. Cover with a tea towel and let the dough proof in room temperature for about 90 minutes.
7. Dust the dough with bread flour.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at lower rack, at 180℃ for 15 minutes, reduce to 170℃ for 20 minutes. Turn off the oven and let the bread sit in the oven for 5 minutes.
9. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool down completely before cutting 😊