Yield: about 50 plus cookies
80g unsalted butter
1/8 tsp salt
20g caster sugar
26g icing sugar
20g beaten egg, cold
110g top/low gluten flour
6g milk powder
26g pistachio nuts, chopped coarsely
1. Combine top flour with milk powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Warm butter over low heat till milk solid burnt in the hot butter. Swirl the bowl constantly to prevent hot butter from popping and splashing.
Wait for the hot butter to cool down before refrigerate for 15 minutes to solidify the butter.
3. Chop pistachio nuts coarsely and set aside.
4. Cream cold burnt butter, salt, caster sugar, and icing sugar till light and pale.
5. Mix in the cold beaten egg.
6. Sieve and mix in the flour mixture from Step 1.
7. Combine the chopped pistachio nuts to the dough.
8. Divide the dough into two portions and wrap with cling wrap. Shape into a block, and compact the content to prevent the contents from falling off the dough during cutting.
Freeze the dough for about 30 minutes, or till solid.
9. Cut the frozen cookie dough thinly.
And place the cut dough slices over a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
10. Bake at middle rack of a preheated oven at 180℃ for about 8 to minutes, or till the cookies turn golden.
11. Let the cookies cool down before enjoying 😋
Hi, love your recipe sharing. May I know for this can I replace pistachio with almond or walnut?ReplyDelete
Hi, sorry for my late reply. Yes, both the suggested nuts should be fine 👍👍Delete