Yield: 7 cupcakes (7⌀x3.5H cm)
Baking temperature: Bake middle rack of a preheated oven at 170℃ for 10 minutes, lower to 150℃ for 20 minutes.
All ingredients in room temperature
Using 55~57g eggs
2 egg whites, 84g
70g raw cane sugar
pinch of salt
2 egg yolks, 35g
75g top/cake flour
1g baking powder
10g condensed milk
22g fresh pandan paste *
15g coconut oil/mild flavour oil
1 drop green food dye, optional
* blend 20g fresh pandan leaves with 50g of water, collect 22g of the paste without filtering.
1. In a clean, dry and oil-free mixing bowl, beat egg whites with salt and raw cane sugar,
till reaching firm peak stage.
Mix in the egg yolk, one at a time.
2. Sieve in 1/2 of the top flour with baking powder. Mix briefly using the whisks manually.
3. Mix in the condensed milk, pandan paste and coconut oil.
Blend in the green food dye. This is optional.
4. Fold in the final portion of flour mixture, and mix into a smooth batter.
5. Distribute the batter evenly among 8 paper cake cups. Place over a baking tray.
6. Bake at middle rack of a preheated oven at 170℃ for about 10 minutes, reduce to 150℃ for 20 minutes, or till the cake crust turns golden.
7. Remove from oven and cool over a wire rack.