Happy 55th Birthday, Singapore
|These are the main ingredients.|
Yield: 9 buns in a 20cm square pan
Raw dough weight: 466g
Baking temperature: Preheat oven to 190℃, bake at second lowest rack, start baking at 180℃ for 10 minutes, decrease to 170℃ for 5 minutes, and 150℃ for 5 minutes.
180g bread flour
25g spelt flour/plain flour
35g raw cane sugar
2g instant dry yeast
50g natural yeast/sourdough, 100% hydration*
10g beaten egg
10g condensed milk
120g milk, cold
1/4 tsp rose flavour
2 drops red food gel
10g water, added as necessary
20g unsalted butter, softened
* 50g natural yeast can be replaced by 25g each of bread flour and water, plus 1/8 tsp of instant dry yeast.
Cheese Filling Ingredients
60g Laughing Cow cheese
40g cream cheese spread
15g condensed milk
10g icing sugar
20g dried cranberries, cut into bit size
1. Knead the dough till window pane using your preferred method. Keep the dough in a big plastic bag coated with a light film of oil. Tie a loose knot, place in a covered bowl, and refrigerate overnight for 15 to 20 hours.
2. Remove the cold dough from the fridge, invert the dough, and let it thaw in room temperature for about 60 to 90 minutes before shaping.
5. While waiting for the dough, mix the cheese filling ingredients together.
6. Flatten a dough and scoop about 15g of cheese filling to the flatten dough.
Place the shaped dough in a 20cm square pan lined with parchment paper. Spray some water mist over the shaped dough, cover with a tea cloth, and let it undergo second proofing for about 40 to 45 minutes.
Put the stencil over the the shape dough, and dust some bread flour over it.
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)