When you just want to have a munch of butter cake yet do not wish to open a big oven to bake a small cake, a cake waffle maker may be a good choice. Just one egg, 3 cubes of butter, and a couples of simple ingredients, you can bake about 12 to 14 mini butter cakes - enough for a family of 4👦👧👨👩
The mini butter cakes have a nice aroma coming from the well caramelized crust and the orange peel in the crumb. The carrot juice, though could not really taste it, lent a nice yellow tone to the cake crumb. The baking time was much faster than the normal butter cake baked in a loaf pan - less than 10 minutes per tray 😀
I use carrot juice as I happened to have one bottle of carrot juice in the fridge. While for the orange peels, I always keep some wrapped in cling wraps (about 5g each) in the freezer in case I need to bake an orange flavour cake.
Yield: about 12 to 14 mini cakes
Equipment: Bear Electric Cake Waffles
All ingredients in room temperature.
30g unsalted butter, softened
25g raw sugar
1 egg, 55 to 57g
5g raw sugar
25g top/cake flour
10g plain flour plus/plain flour
5g milk powder
1g baking powder
pinch of salt
8g golden syrup/honey
8g carrot/orange juice
5g orange peel, finely chopped*
* orange peel can be replaced by 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix ingredients C in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Mix ingredients D in a small cup. Set aside.
3. Beat egg under Ingredient B till frothy, add 5g of raw sugar, and continue to beat till pale. Set aside.
4. Cream Ingredient A till light and pale.
5. Gradually mix in beaten egg from Step 3.
6. Fold in the flour mixture from Step 1.
7. Mix in the carrot juice mixture from Step 2 into a smooth batter.
8. Apply a thin coat of oil to both the upper and lower plates of the mini waffle maker before turning on the power. Wait for the green indicator light to light up, then off again.
Add about 1 teaspoon of batter to each moulds, and close the lid.
Let the batter heat for about 5 to 6 minutes depending on the degree of brown you prefer for the cake crust to be.