Yield: 2x17cm round waffles
150 g all purpose flour
1 tsp rice flour
2.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
235g low fat milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 ripen bananas, sliced thinly
1. Mix all purpose flour, rice flour, salt and baking powder together using a hand whisk.
2. Pour in the milk, egg and vanilla extract to mix into a smooth batter.
3. Heat up your waffle iron to desired temperature and pour in enough batter to cover the lower iron.
4. Place a few slices of banana on top of the batter.
5. Top up a new layer of batter to cover the banana slices. Close the iron and let it cook till ready, or till not much steam came out of the iron.
6. Transfer the waffle to a plate and serve with golden syrup, whipped cream and slices of banana. Enjoy :)
By cutting the banana into small bits and added to the batter, it can be pan-baked into banana pancakes :)
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com -banana waffles
Whether you remain in the marketplace for a new waffle maker or your very first one, there are a lot of options.ReplyDelete
The basic model of waffler was consisting of the iron grid plates attached at one end with the help of hinge and incorporated two wooden handles. These were mainly heated over the open hearth to bake delicious wafflers. Find more at this website.ReplyDelete