Pizza crust with black sesame seeds - only available in my kitchen. This is what made home edition pizza different from store bought one.
As the dough of pizza crust is slightly drier or firmer than bread dough, I prefer to hand knead it to using a bread maker. This is my first attempt in letting the bread maker do the strenuous job.
Yield: 3x25 cm round pizza
1.5 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp raw sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/8 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp black pepper powder
1 tbsp hot water
Black Sesame Pizza Crust
150g full cream milk
25g raw sugar
1/4 tsp salt
20g olive oil
250g bread flour
30g glutinous rice/all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp instant dry yeast
1 tbsp roasted black sesame seeds*
* Seal the black sesame seeds in a plastic bag, and crushed the black sesame seeds using a rolling pin before adding into the bread maker.
170g grated mozzarella cheese
20g grated Parmesan cheese
12~15 button mushrooms, sliced
1/4 yellow onion, coarsely chopped
1 can spicy tuna, 150g
1/4 green capsicum, sliced
2 pineapple rings, diced
Or your preferred ingredients
1. Mix all the tomato spread ingredients together into a smooth paste. Set aside.
2. Pour all the pizza crust ingredients, following the sequence listed, into a bread maker. Select "Ferment Dough" function and start the process. The process, which includes kneading and 1st proofing, takes about 1 hour 30 minutes.
3. After the program ends, transfer the dough to a floured work top. Flatten with your palm to get rid of the trapped air in the dough.
4. Divide the dough into 3 equal portions (about 170g each). Shape them into balls, lightly coated with flour. And let the doughs rest for 15 minutes in a covered plate.
5. Take out a dough ball, flatten it and rolls into a 20cm diameter round base.
6. Transfer it to a lightly floured baking tray. Press a shallow 'ditch' about 1 cm from the edge using your finger.
7. Spread tomato paste from (1) over the base, and top up with toppings, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat the steps for the remaining 2 doughs.
9. Bake the pizza in a pre-heated oven set at 210 degree Celsius for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the the edge becomes slightly brown. Place at middle rack of the oven.
10. Cut and serve warm :)
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)