Although dried spaghetti noodles are easily available from supermarkets, a homemade pasta will bring about the fun in making your own noodle. And it's al dante when cooked ^^
Yield: 4 adult servings
180g all purpose flour
2 eggs, about 105g
1 tbsp coconut/vegetable oil
1. Mix all the ingredients together and knead into a smooth dough.
If you find the dough too dry, you may add a little water to it.
Keeping the dough dry will get a more springy noodle when cooked. A wet dough will end up with soggy noodles when cooked.
You may want to watch the video demonstration by clicking the link at the end of this recipe :)
2. Place the dough in a sealed container to rest for about 40 to 60 minutes.
3. Sprinkle a luxurious amount of flour on the work top as well as on the dough. Roll out the dough into a big flat sheet of about 2 to 3 mm thick.
As the noodle will expand after cooking, so a thinner dough sheet is recommended.
4. Coat the dough sheet with plenty of flour to prevent sticking to each other. Fold in the dough sheet to make three layers overlapping each other.
5. Use a long knife to slice the dough sheet into thin strips. Loosen the spaghetti strips and sprinkle with flour to prevent sticking.
6. After cutting the dough sheet into spaghetti strips, organize them into piles.
7. Cook the noodle and serve with your favorite spaghetti sauce ;)
Or, if you cut the noodles thinner, you can cook them into shoyu (soya sauce) ramen:)
Recipe adapted from
Hi, you are so talented😀ReplyDelete
Haha, thank you, I learn from other talented home chefs too ^^Delete