I baked a similar Coconut Butter Cake but slightly bigger in size about 2 years ago. The recipe shared here is a smaller cake using the Jamie Oliver range of 1L loaf pan. I also have the coconut milk replaced by the plain Greek yogurt. Reason? I do not have to open a new pack of coconut milk just for that small 15g of coconut milk. I believe Greek Yogurt is more commonly found in our fridge.
The result: equally moist, soft and full of caramelized coconut cum butter aroma. Yumz~ 😋😋
Yield: one 16x8x4 cm loaf cake
Cake Pan: Jamie Oliver 1L loaf pan 17.5x10x9 cm
Baking temperature: 150℃ for 45 minutes, 170℃ for 5 minutes
IngredientsAll ingredients in room temperature
Using 55g Omega 3&6 eggs
85g unsalted butter, softened
75g fine sugar
80g top/cake flour
10g coconut cream powder
2g baking powder
1/8 tsp fine salt
15g plain Greek yogurt
10g golden syrup
6g desiccated coconut
Directions1. Coat the cake pan with some butter. Set aside.
2. Combine top flour, baking powder and coconut cream powder in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Beat eggs at speed 6 of a handheld blender for about 5 minutes, or till the eggs become foamy. Cover and set aside.
3. Cream softened butter with fine sugar till the mixture becomes pale and fluffy. About 5 minutes using Speed 6 of an handheld blender.
4. Gradually, blend in the beaten egg from Step 3.
5. Sieve and fold in the flour mixture from Step 2.
6. Finally, combine the yogurt and golden syrup to the batter.
Use a silicone spatula to give the batter a thorough mix.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan from Step 1.
Scatter some desiccated coconut over the surface of the batter.
8. Bake at 150℃ for 45 minutes, at middle rack of an oven.
This step is optional : You can slit the cake in the middle at about the 30th minute into baking. This helps the cake to develop a more uniform crack in the centre.
After baking at 150℃ for about 45 minutes, turn up the oven temperature to 170℃ and bake for about 5 minutes, or till the crust becomes golden and an inserted cake tester came out clean :)
9. Transfer the cake with pan to a cooling rack for about 15 minutes.
Invert out the cake and cover it with a cling wrap to keep the cake moist.
10. When the cake has cooled down, cut and enjoy 😋