Thursday, 30 January 2020
Palm Sugar Coconut Pumpkin Milk Bun
Yield: 12 buns
Raw dough weight: 583g
Baking temperature: Preheat oven to 190℃, bake at middle rack, 180℃ for 5 minutes, 170℃ for 8 minutes, and 160℃ for 10 minutes.
Pumpkin Milk Dough
240g bread flour
30g top/cake flour
30g raw sugar
10g milk powder
3g instant dry yeast
60g natural yeast, 100% hydration*
15g condensed milk
20g milk, cold
20g beaten egg
60g steamed pumpkin, mashed
65g water, cold
30g unsalted butter, softened
* 60g natural yeast can be replaced by 30g each of bread flour and water.
Palm Sugar Coconut Filling
240g palm sugar coconut
Click here for sweet coconut filling recipe :)
1. Prepare the pumpkin milk dough following your preferred method of kneading.
2. Shape the kneaded dough into a ball, and place in a big mixing bowl coated with a thin film of oil. Spray some water over, cover with a lid, and let it undergo first proofing for about 60 minutes.
3. Turn the dough onto a floured surface, deflate, and divide into 12 portions. Each portion was about 48 to 49g.
Shape into 12 balls, cover and let them rest for 15 minutes.
4. Take a dough ball, roll out flat to about 0.8cm in thickness, keeping the centre of the dough thicker than the edge.
Add about 20g of palm sugar coconut to the center of the dough,
wrap up and seal tightly.
Shape into a round ball and flatten slightly.
5. Arrange the shaped dough on a non-stick baking tray, with good space in between.
Let the shaped dough proof in a cold oven for about 30~35 minutes if you want to design some patterns on the dough. Or else, let the shaped dough proof for about 45 minutes.
While waiting for the shaped dough to proof, cut 12 stencils using parchment paper.
6. Preheat the oven to 190℃ for about 10 minutes.
Spray a little water over the top of the shaped dough. Place the cut stencils over the top of the shaped dough. Dust some bread flour over the stencils. Remove the stencils and dust another thin coat of bread flour over the top.
If you skip the stenciling step, just dust some bread flour over the shaped dough.
7. Bake at middle rack of a preheated oven at 180℃ for 5 minutes, 170℃ for 8 minutes, and 160℃ for about 10 minutes, or till the top slightly golden.
8. Transfer the bun to a cooling rack to cool down.
Enjoy the bun warm 😋
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)