Yield: One 20x10x10cm loaf
130g whole milk 全脂牛奶
30g whipping cream
20g condensed milk 炼乳
3/4 tsp instant dry yeast 即发酵母粉
270g bread flour 高筋面粉
20g top flour 低筋面粉
20g fine sugar 细糖
30g multigrain soya pulp 五谷豆渣*
30g beaten egg 蛋液
1/4 tsp salt 盐
30g unsalted butter 无盐奶油
1 packet chia seeds, 8g (optional)
* you may replace the multigrain soya pulp by 20g whole milk and 10g top/cake flour
* 可将五谷豆渣以20g 全脂牛奶和10g 低筋面粉取代。
1. Add whole milk, whipping cream, condensed milk, honey to a heat resistant bowl. Keep warm the mixture in a rice cooker for 5 minutes.
You can also allow the cold mixture to stand in room temperature for about 20 to 30 minutes to raise the temperature.
2. When the temperature has drop below 38 degree Celsius, sprinkle instant dry yeast over the milk mixture without stirring it. Let the mixture stands for about 15 minutes to activate the yeast.
You can allow the mixture to wait for about 5 minutes before adding yeast.
3.. Mix the rest of the ingredients, except yeast milk mixture, butter and chia seeds, in a mixing bowl.
4. Pour in the yeast milk mixture from (3). And stir the mixture in one direction till it forms into a lump.
Cover the dough and let it rest for 20 minutes to allow the flour to absorb the liquid.
5. After the 20 minutes rest, turn the dough onto a floured work top.
Knead the dough by slamming - pulling -folding and turning in repeated steps till the dough becomes smooth. This process takes about 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Spread out the dough and apply softened butter to it. Knead to incorporate butter into the dough.
7. When the butter is well incorporated into the dough, repeat the slamming-pulling-folding and turning steps till you get an elastic dough. This process take about 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Place the dough in a lightly greased mixing bowl, spray some water, cover, and allow the dough to proof for 1 hour, or till the dough doubles in size.
9. After the proofing, invert the dough onto a floured surface. Flatten the dough to released the trapped air.
10. Fold in the four sides to the center.
11. After the rest, sprinkle some flour over the dough, and flip it over.
12. Lower the dough into the lightly greased mould, spray some water, and let it proof in the oven for about
30 to 40 minutes, for warm oven; and
40 to 50 minutes , for cold oven,
or till the dough reaches about 80% of the mould height.
I switch on the oven at its minimum temperature for 1 minute to raise the oven temperature. This will accelerate the proofing process.
Slide the lid to close the mould.
13. Bake the dough in a preheated oven set at 210 degree Celsius for
Thin wall mould : 38 to 40 minutes
Thick wall mould : 45 to 50 minutes
My corrugated Pullman tin requires a longer baking time of about 48 minutes.
14. Remove the bread loaf from the bread mould immediately after leaving the oven.
May I know where u bought ur loaf pan?ReplyDelete
Hi 静, I bought the Pullman tin from Phoon Huat :)Delete
May i know where you bought the cover for the stainless steel bowl? Or it come in a seet of bowl with cover? Thanks in advance.ReplyDelete
Hi Shirlyn, I bought the lid from Daiso. It came in a set of two, one big and one small 😄Delete
Hi, may I know how much was the loaf tin that you bought from phoon huat?ReplyDelete
Hi Priscilla, it costs about S$19 :)Delete
Thank you for this instructive post. I tried the recipe today and the loaf turned out beautifully! I didn't wait for the loaf to cool down before slicing it. The smell was simply too irresistible! More importantly, the bread tasted awesome.
I'll be keeping this recipe and trying it again and again and again and again....
Hi Ladybug, thank you for sharing this beautiful feedback with me. I'm truly happy you like the recipe. Happy baking ^^Delete