115g whole milk 全脂牛奶
80g steamed corn kernels 蒸玉米粒
20g condensed milk 炼乳
270g bread flour 高筋面粉
20g top flour 低筋面粉
3/4 tsp instant dry yeast 即发酵母粉
40g fine sugar 细糖
30g beaten egg 蛋液
1/4 tsp salt 盐
40g unsalted butter 无盐奶油
20g steamed corn kernels 蒸玉米粒
Some beaten egg for glazing 蛋液
1. Collect corn kernels from cob and steamed at high heat for 12 minutes.
2. Blend 80g of corn kernels with 110g milk in a food processor till creamy. Keep 20g of corn kernels for later use.
3 Add condensed milk to corn milk in (2).
4. Mix bread flour, top flour, instant dry yeast, sugar, salt and beaten egg in a mixing bowl.
5. Pour in the corn milk mixture from (3). And stir the mixture in one direction till it forms into a lump.
6. After the 20-minute rest, turn the dough onto a floured work top.
Knead the dough till it becomes smooth. This process takes about 10 minutes.
7. Spread out the dough and apply softened butter to it. Knead to incorporate butter into the dough.
8. When the dough has been kneaded into a smooth dough, perform the slamming-pulling-folding and turning steps till you get an elastic dough. This process take about 10 to 15 minutes.
10. Place the dough in a lightly greased mixing bowl, spray some water, cover, and allow the dough to proof for 1 hour, or till the dough doubles in size.
11. After the proofing, invert the dough onto a floured surface. Flatten the dough to released the trapped air.
12. Fold the dough from the four sides to the centre.
13. While resting the dough,you can coat the 20g of corn kernels with some flour. Set aside.
14. After the 20-minute rest, flip the dough over.
Roll out the dough. The width of the dough must correspond to the length of the Pullman's tin.
Roll up the dough.
Place the doughs into the Pullmans tin, spray some water and proof in a closed oven. Allow the dough to proof for about 50 to 60 minutes, or till the dough's tip reaches the rim of the loaf tin.
You may want to switch on the oven for 1 minute at the minimum temperature to raise the oven temperature slightly which will facilitate dough proofing.
15. When the doughs reach the rim of the loaf tin, remove the dough from the oven.
Turn on the oven to 180 degree Celsius, and preheat for about 10 minutes.
16. Apply a thin coat of egg wash to the top of the dough.
Allow the dough to bake in the oven for about 45 to 50 minutes at lower rack, or till the loaf sounds hollow when taps with a metal spoon.
If the top crust turns brown at about 20 minutes into baking, cover the top with a aluminum foil.
17. After the loaf is baked through, remove it from the oven. Give it a sturdy bang on tabletop to loose the bread from the tin.
Remove the bread from mould immediately, and transfer it to a wire rack to cool down completely before slicing it.
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)