Baked black pepper chicken - a simple yet flavourful dish. A good combination of garlic and black pepper marinated chicken drumsticks that have been baked to tender and juicy using a small oven toaster :)
Serving : 4 drumsticks
4 chicken drumsticks, about 500g
1 tsp rice wine
2 tsp raw sugar
1~2 tsp chopped garlic
1/4 tsp chopped ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp coarsely crushed black pepper
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/8 tsp dark soya sauce
Juice from 1 small lime
1. Rinse and drain chicken drumsticks. Trim away any visible fat with a pair of kitchen scissors.
2. Add sugar and rice wine to the chicken drumsticks. Coat well and let them marinade for about 15 to 30 minutes.
3. Add in the rest of the marinade, and use your hand to mix, to ensure thorough coating.
4. Cover the marinated drumsticks with food wrap and allow them to marinate for at least 1 to 3 hours.
5. Lay the drumsticks in a single layer on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Collect the remaining liquid marinade in a small bowl and mix with about 1 tsp of rice bran/vegetable oil for basting later.
6. Bake the drumsticks at 200 degree Celsius for 15 minutes.
7. After 15 minutes, remove the tray from the oven toaster, and baste the drumsticks with the marinade.
8. Return the tray to the oven toaster and continue to bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven toaster and baste the drumsticks with the marinade oil again.
Repeat this steps for 2 to 3 times.
9. At the final round of roasting, reduce the temperature to 150 degree Celsius and bake the drumsticks for 20 minutes.
After the roasting, allow the drumsticks to remain in the oven toaster and let the remnant heat melts the fat under the skin.
10. Serve the black pepper drumsticks with some squeezed lime juice ,and warm rice.
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)