I used one egg to prepare 4 slices of french toasts with minimal sweetness and oil. The milk was blended with rice flour, so that the bread would not be drenched by milk and egg. The egg-milk coating was stretched to coat till the 4th slice of bread and pan-fried to a nice golden hue. This is a frugal French toast recipe which may disappoint those who prefer pudding-like French toasts that are covered with buttery aroma :)
Yield: 4 x1cm thick slice of bread
All ingredients in room temperature
Using 55g egg
1 tsp rice flour
50g fresh milk
3 tsp golden syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix rice flour with fresh milk.
2. Pour in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
3. Transfer the mixture to a square bowl.
4. Soak both face of the bread with the egg mixture.
5. Heat up about 1 tbsp of olive oil in a flat base non-stick pan to medium hot.
6. Pan-fry both face of the bread till golden. Start with medium high heat, then lower to medium.
As there are sugar in the egg coating, you need to check and flip the bread over more often to avoid over-browning it.
7. Serve warm :)
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)