Tiramisu- an easy to prepare popular Italian dessert adopted from Gordon Ramsay's recipe. I omitted the alcohol as I don't quite like the taste.
On the whole, the flavour was not being affected.
2 tsp instant coffee powder
2 tbsp hot water
120g iced water
250g mascarpone cheese
2 tsp vanilla extract
150g whipping cream
4 tbsp icing sugar
10 sponge fingers
Frozen unsweetened baking chocolate
1. Keep the mixing bowls, whisks and a damp cloth in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
Using cold utensil will facilitate the whipping of cream and cheese in our hot tropical weather.
2. Mix instant coffee powder with hot water till the coffee granules dissolved.
Top up about 120g of iced cold water till the mixture reaches 150g. Place the coffee solution in the fridge.
3. Whisk mascarpone cheese with 50g cold coffee solution and vanilla extract till smooth and creamy.
Keep the mascarpone cheese mixture in the fridge.
4. Take out the cold equipment from the freezer. Pour whipping cream and icing sugar into the cold mixing bowl standing on the cold damp kitchen cloth.
5. Fix the cool whisks to the hand mixer and start whipping the cream at high speed for about 2.5 to 3 minutes.
Do not over whip the cream to prevent it from segregating into butter and water.
6. Fold the whipped cream to the mascarpone cheese mixture. Mix them into a smooth mixture.
Keep the mixture in the fridge while you are preparing the sponge fingers.
7. Pour the remaining cold coffee solution into a shallow dish. Roll the sponge fingers in the coffee solution to partially soak up the liquid. Only coat the outer ring of the sponge fingers leaving the centre dry.
Do not soak the entire sponge
8. Place the coffee sponge fingers into the cups. Break the sponge fingers into halves, if they are too long.
9. Pour the mascarpone cheese mixture onto the sponge fingers. Tap lightly to let the mascarpone cheese penetrate through the sponge fingers.
10. Sprinkle the grated frozen baking chocolate over the top. Seal the cups with food wrap and keep in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
11. Enjoy :)
Recipe adapted from the renowned chef Gordon Ramsay's recipe
with appreciation :)
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)