Sunday 23 August 2015

Wild Rocket with Oriental Dressing


I've never taken salad as a lunch. The recent fever over salad-in-a-bottle, has enticed me into attempting this healthier and leaner meal. One of the reasons for me avoiding salad is because I shy away from the common salad dressings. I would rather eat the vegetables raw and fresh, than to cover them with the strong and rich salad dressing. Therefore,  I have concocted my own salad dressing by using oriental ingredients which are more comfortable to my taste. However, the dressing may be more on the sweet side to others. 谁叫我是潮州人嘛^^

Serving: 1 person 

Method:

Wash all the vegetables using vegetable wash before adding to salad.

First layer - dressing
2 tsp raw sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp low salt light soya sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp fruit vinegar
1/2 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp drinking water
1/4 tsp roasted mixed sesame seeds
1/4 tsp chopped Chinese coriander 

Black vinegar with white grape juice

Second layer
8~9 honey cherry tomatoes
10 cm  kyuri, cut into chunks



Third layer
1 small bowl wild rocket
1 tsp lemon juice 
~ drizzle the lemon juice over the wild rockets 


Fourth layer
1 tbsp steamed sweet corns
Some Chinese coriander leaves
1~2 tbsp roasted pine nuts
Roast pine nuts in a preheated oven-toaster at 150 degree for about 5 minutes. Stand by the toaster-oven to monitor.



Cover with a lid and store in the fridge till meal time .

After taking out the salad bowl from the fridge. Invert and shake the bowl to ensure even mixing and coating.

Ready to eat 🐝😃😄😀😀👍🏼👍🏼


Made a smaller portion as appetizer 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)