Love this spinach potato quiche with crumbly wholemeal shell crust topped with golden cheddar and mozarella cheese. It makes a delicious meal on its own :P
Yield: four 5" pies
140g plain flour
20g wholemeal flour
90g cold unsalted butter
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fine sugar
4~6 tsp cold water
1. Place all the ingredients, except the cold water, in a mixing bowl.
Keep the ingredients in the fridge for 15 minutes.
2. Use a dough cutter to cut the cold butter and mix with the flour into bread crumb form.
3. Finally add in cold water to bind the bread-crumb alike mixture together into a big lump. The cold water to be added one teaspoon by teaspoon.
4. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions, about 68g each. Cover and place in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
Ingredients in room temperature
100g granola potato, peeled
4 eggs (60g each)
100g fresh milk
Some seasoning powder
Dash of black pepper powder
Dash of salt
1/2 tsp chopped garlic
80g baby spinach leaves
1 tbsp mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 tbsp cheddar cheese, grated
1. Cut the peeled potato into 2cm chunks. Coat with a little salt and steam for 15 minutes, or till soft.
The steamed potato should easily be poked through.
Cut the steamed potato into thick slices.
2. Wash and drain spinach leaves. Cut into thin strips. Squeeze out excess juice.
3. Mix egg, milk, seasoning powder, black pepper powder, salt and garlic together. Set aside.
Try not to stir in too much air.
4. Arrange the potato slice at the bottom of the shell crust.
5. Place spinach leaves into the shell crust, pour in the egg mixture.
6. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese over the top.
7. Bake in an oven middle rack at 200 degree Celsius for about 20 to 25 minutes, or till the centre of the pie becomes bulge.
8. Allow the quiche to cool down for a few minutes before inverting it out to enjoy :)
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)