I had a small portion of leftover sweet red bean paste in the fridge. I tried searching for recipe that kneaded red bean paste to the dough, but to no avail. Most of the recipes added red bean paste as a filling. Hence, I had to turn to one of my recipes to improvised. I had no idea how the bread would turn out. Getting this soft bread was totally based on pure luck on first try ><
Yield: 9 small buns in a 20cm ring pan
Breadmaker: Whirlpool BM 1000
Raw dough: about 463g
Bread weight: 415g
90g red bean paste* 蜜红豆
200g bread flour 高筋面粉
1/4 tsp beetroot powder, optional 甜菜根粉, 可免
1/2 tsp instant dry yeast 速发酵母粉
20g fine sugar 细砂糖
1/8 tsp salt 盐
30g cold coconut milk 冷椰奶
85g cold fresh milk 冷鲜奶
15g beaten egg 蛋椰
20g unsalted butter 无盐奶油
Some beaten egg as egg wash 蛋液刷表面
* click the link to get connection to the red bean paste recipe.
1. Lightly coat the ring pan with a thin layer butter and bread flour. Set aside.
2. Mix bread flour with beetroot powder in a bowl. Set aside.
It's okay to leave out beetroot powder which only use for enhancing the colour of the bread.
3. Pour cold coconut milk and cold fresh milk into the bread pan.
4. Pour in the sugar and salt.
5. Add in the beaten egg and cold unsalted butter.
6. Loosen the sweet red bean paste slightly and add into the bread pan.
7. Pour in the bread flour.
8. Dig a hole with your finger and pour in the instant dry yeast.
10. Close the lid and select "Dough" function, and start the process.
After 1:30 h, the dough is ready.
11. Invert out the dough onto a floured worktop.
12. Flatten the dough with your palm.
The dough maybe slightly sticky, so wear a pair of disposable gloves to handle the dough.
13. Divide the dough into 9 portions, each weighs about 51g.
14. Roll up the dough and shape into a ball by pulling down the side and seal at the base.
Roll the dough within the palm to shape.
15. Transfer the dough balls into the prepared ring pan.
16. Spray some water and place in a warm and closed oven to proof for about 40 minutes, or till the dough rises to the brim of the pan.
17. Apply a thin coat of egg wash over the surface of the dough.
Be careful not to let the egg wash flow down the dough, as this may cause the bread to stick to the mould after baking.
18. Preheat the oven to 190 degree Celsius. After sending the dough into the oven, lower the temperature to 170 degree Celsius and bake for 20 minutes, or till the crust turns golden.
19. Remove the bread from the oven. Bang the mould on the kitchen towel to loosen the bread from the mould.
Invert out the bread and let it cool down on a wire rack.
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)